At Sumner Schick LLP, our construction law attorneys represent clients across the State of Texas with focus, integrity, and the highest level of professional skill. Construction law is complicated—you need an experienced advocate on your side. We will put in the time, effort, and resources to get you top results in a cost-conscious manner. To schedule a consultation with a top-rated Texas construction lawyer, please contact our offices today.
An Overview of Our Construction Law Practice
Sumner Schick LLP’s construction law attorneys represent owners, developers, lenders, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, sureties, and design professionals in a variety of construction law matters:
- Construction Contracts: Sumner Schick, LLP’s Texas construction law attorneys draft, review, revise and resolve disputes involving construction contracts, including owner & prime contractor agreements, subcontract agreements, vendor & supplier agreements, and construction financing agreements. Our attorneys regularly counsel and represent clients in matters relating to both residential and commercial construction projects.
- Construction Litigation, Mediation & Arbitration: Our construction lawyers have the skills and experience to represent and defend clients in disputes. They defend clients in pre-litigation dispute resolution, alternative dispute resolution and litigation in Texas state court and federal court. Sumner Schick, LLP’s construction attorneys counsel and represent all segments of the construction industry in virtually all types of construction disputes, including:
- Construction Defects
- Breach of Contract
- Breach of Warranty
- Delays and Labor Inefficiencies
- Mechanic’s Lien Foreclosure
- Design Defects
- Payment and Performance Bonds
- Payment Disputes
- Quality of Work Disputes
- Lien and Bond Claims: Sumner Schick, LLP can prepare and file your lien and bond claims. In Texas, the lien and bond claim perfection process is complex and the filing deadlines & notice requirements are strict and unforgiving. Our Texas construction lawyers have extensive experience in preparing and filing lien and bond claims, and regularly files suit to enforce lien rights.
- Insurance Defense: Sumner Schick LLP’s experience with in-depth knowledge of the construction industry and construction litigation makes it uniquely situated to provide insurance defense. The firm defends property and personal injury claims arising out of incidents that occur on commercial and residential construction projects.
- Joint Ventures in Construction: Our construction attorneys regularly prepare joint ventures agreement to allow parties to pool their resources to achieve a larger goal. We can help you develop the proper entity structure and draft or review a joint venture agreement for your construction project.
- Regulatory Compliance and OSHA Investigations: We handle the full range of compliance—from helping construction companies develop and implement workplace practices to assisting with companies that are facing OSHA investigations.
Why Rely on the Texas Construction Lawyers at Sumner Schick
Our construction law practice is led by Elisa C. Fox, a construction lawyer with experience representing owners, developers, lenders, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, sureties, and design professionals. We take pride in our integrity and resourcefulness. When you reach out to our firm, you will have an opportunity to speak to a Texas construction attorney who can:
- Conduct an in-depth, confidential assessment of your case;
- Investigate the matter—organizing relevant documents and records; and
- Craft a personalized legal strategy focused on solving your issue and getting results.
Every case is unique. We know that one-size-fits-all solutions are rarely effective in construction law. Our Texas construction lawyers serve clients with responsive, open honest communication, and a careful attention to the specific details of the case.
Contact Our Dallas-Fort Worth Construction Law Attorneys Today
At Sumner Schick LLP, our Texas construction lawyers pride ourselves in providing top quality, cost effective representation. If you have any questions about our services or need legal advice, we can help. For an initial consultation, please contact our legal team today. From our law offices in the Dallas county and Fort Worth, we handle construction law matters throughout Texas, including in Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, Houston, Austin, Arlington, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Plano, DeSoto, Frisco, Denton, and McKinney.